A Health Savings Account is a designated account to help you save for qualified medical expenses on a tax advantage basis. Sign up for a Health Savings Account today and benefit from the peace of mind that comes from knowing that your wellbeing is covered.
Save for qualified medical expenses.
- Make contributions at your convenience at a Chemical Bank banking center or ATM, through eBanking or automatic transfer
- Access funds through a HSA Debit Card or with checks
NOTE: To qualify for a Health Savings Account, you must be under age 65, not enrolled in Medicare and covered under a high deductible plan.
Frequently Asked Questions
A Health Savings Account provides security as it allows you to accumulate funds to pay health expenses. Along with your high deductible insurance, it protects you against high or unexpected medical bills.
Yes, A Health Savings Account is a tax-exempt account established for the purpose of paying medical expenses in conjunction with a high-deductible health care plan. A High Deductible Health Plan has a minimum annual deductible for single coverage of $1,250 and $2,500 for family coverage.
- Amount depends on the type of HDHP coverage, single coverage or family coverage
- Amount is the annual contribution amount as determined after being adjusted for cost-of-living changes
- The maximum contributions are defined by the plan and are adjusted annually*
- Individuals 55 and older can make additional catch-up contributions until they enroll in Medicare
- By making contributions in person
- Through an ATM
- Internet Banking
- Automatic transfer
- Cannot be made in the form of stock or property
When you have a Health Savings Account, you can use the funds for your own qualified medical expenses as well as those incurred by your spouse and/or children whether they are covered by your health insurance policy or not.